Volume 19, No. 12 – June 2018
We are a Welcoming Congregation
Sunday mornings at 10 a.m.
May 13 Richard Olson
May 27 Rev. Erv Teichmiller
June 10 Betsy Schussler, “The Buddha in
King Lear’s Court”
June 24 Rev. Phil Sweet
July 9 Laura Erickson
July 22 Rev. Erv Teichmiller
ADULT RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. alternating with our regular Sunday services
June 3, 10 a.m., Turning Points in American History
June 17, 10 am., Turning Points in American History
Men's Discussion Group meets on Tuesday, June 12, at 6 p.m. at the Fellowship
All men of the fellowship are invited to attend this potluck followed by discussion led by Frank Patin. Dick will bring sloppy joes for the main course, and others need to bring a dish to pass as well as drinks of your choice. New members welcome. Contact Dick Fields, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
Women's Evening Discussion Group meets Tuesday, June 12, at 6 p.m. at the Fellowship
All are invited to attend this discussion. New members welcome. Contact Natalia Graf-Jones, for more information.
Women's Discussion Group meets on Tuesday, June 26, at 10 a.m. at the Fellowship
All women of the fellowship are invited to attend this discussion followed by lunch. New members welcome. The topic of conversation will be “Changes in clothing over the years.” Contact Mary Ann Fields, email@example.com, for more information.
Lynn Deinard 06-03
Ethan Cummings & Jessica Rosenberg 06-07
Richard Thieret & Wenda Sheard 06-16
Stephanie Perkins 06-18
Lynn and David Deinard 06-21
Sue Ferguson 06-23
Faye and Lee Calvey 06-24
Cheryl Meier 06-26
Betsy Schussler 06-28
Alan VanRaalte 06-28
Barbara Bratcher 06-30
For distribution of announcements between newsletters or email/address corrections, contact Candy Sorensen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Frederick Place in Rhinelander has a sizeable number of dates open for meals. If you can help out with one of these dates you can either call Frederick Place at 715-369-9777 or email Tammy Modic at tammymodic.frederickplace@ gmail.com
- From Jerry Woolpy: It's been our dream to open a theater at Piney Ridge and now we are. Yes we've done shows and concerts here in Minocqua for years but without an actual theater. Now we have one, outdoors, and under a roof. Come one and all to see Combustible’s presentation of “Flying and Falling,” directed by Kim Longhi. It's the story of Icarus, Leonardo, and Amelia. Make reservations at email@example.com. The event starts at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, June 2.
- The next Fair Trade day at NUUF is Sunday June 10. A sampling of coffee and chocolate will be available on June 10.
- The Northwoods Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is sponsoring a pie and ice cream social on Sunday, June 10, after the Sunday service. Betsy Schussler will be speaking at the service, which begins at 10:00 a.m. Guests are encouraged and need not attend the service in order to join the fun at the pie and ice cream social, beginning at approximately 11:00 a.m.
- Circle Dinner Picnics: If you are interested in hosting or attending a picnic this summer please sign up at the fellowship or email Toni Polfus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our NUUF Community
If you know someone who is interested in joining the Northwoods Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, please contact Candy Sorensen at email@example.com or call 715-892-2997.
Check out our website https://nuuf.com/joomla4. Also take time to "LIKE" us on Facebook. Click here on Northwoods Unitarian Universalist Fellowship for direct access if you already have a Facebook account. We're posting pictures, reminders about upcoming events and more.
Hello everyone, I will be compiling the newsletter for the foreseeable future! Please send announcements and updates to me, Carly Ratliff, at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Candy Sorensen at email@example.com by June 28 for the July Newsletter. It is very helpful if your copy is written exactly the way you want it to read so that it can be copied and pasted. Thank you!